- Key : Bb
- Series : Challenger 2
- Bore : .409″ / 10,4mm
- Bell : 5.905″/ 150mm hand-hammered gold brass
- Valves : 3 bottom-sprung hand-lapped Monel pistons
- Water keys : 2 lever-style, forged (main tuning and 3rd valve slide)
- Features : Compact “American” design, vertical valve slides, 3rd valve slide trigger, quiet felt valve cap in-lays, o-ring dampeners for 1st/3rd slides
- Outfit : Hard wood-shell case, mouthpiece, valve oil, slide grease, cleaning cloth and rod
- Finish : Silver plated
The B&S 3146 Challenger II “Brochon” Flugelhorn is a favorite among many professionals due to its quick response and velvety tone colors. It features smooth bottom-sprung Monel pistons, a hand-hammered bell for optimum resonance, and a 3rd valve slide trigger for quick intonation adjustments.
The deluxe engraving on the bell is of the Brochon castle located in Burgundy which inspired the design of this model 3146 flugelhorn.